With this recipe I am going to show you how you can make Lemon Rosemary Chicken in 6 Easy steps. And not only that – we are only going to use 1 Skillet. You know what that means right? Only one pan that you have to wash when you are done. Love it!
This dish is a classic and one we make a lot at our house. This meal has a ton of flavor with the combination of Rosemary and Lemon you can’t go wrong. It is very healthy and low in carbs. And did I mention only one skillet to clean? Oh and the kids will love it too.
This meal will take about 45 minutes in total to make. About 10 to get it all ready and about 35 minutes to cook. It will serve 4 bigger portions and up to 6 smaller portions.
So without further ado lets get cooking
Start with your Ingredients – get them ready to go
- 6 Boneless and skinless Chicken thighs (you are more than welcome to get thighs with skin and remove it yourself)
- 1 Medium Size Lemon – Cut into small thin wedges
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons of Fresh Rosemary Chopped up finely
- 3 Tablespoons of your favorite butter
- 2 Shallots medium size (or 3 smaller ones) – Slice them Thin
- 1 Cup of Chicken stock – Organic variety is recommended but any will do
- Have some salt and pepper ready to go – you will give this a dash of both
- 1 – 16 ounce bag of Frozen Broccoli
Ok you have your ingredients ready – aprox prep time to get all that as mentioned above about 10 minutes give or take a few.
Now its time to get Cooking!
Directions – and as I promised – 6 Easy Steps and only 1 pan
- Heat up your pan / skillet over a medium to high heat and add aprox 2 of your 3 tablespoon of butter until its melted and coats the bottom of the pan (save your 3rd tablespoon of butter for step 3)
- Take your Chicken thighs and give each side a dash of pepper and salt. And then add the chicken thighs to the skillet / pan and sear each side to a golden brown ( 4-5 minutes on each side). Once each side is a nice golden brown color you will want to remove the chicken and put on a plate
- Reduce the heat in the pan to a medium temperature and add the rest of your butter (about 1 tablespoon) and add the shallots. Saute for about 4-5 minutes until they are soft. (half way through – yeah!)
- Now add the 1 cup of chicken stock to your pan and turn up the heat to bring to a nice boil. Use a spatula or wood spoon to get all the shallots off the bottom of the pan and mixed into the stock. Next add the Rosemary and keep on boiling until the chicken stock has been reduced by about half while stirring every now and then. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Next get your chicken from the plate and put it back in the pan and add the frozen Broccoli along with the lemon wedges. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to a low-medium and simmer it down for 10-12 minutes. Until the chicken is cooked through (no pink in the middle) and the broccoli is a soft aldente. The inside of the chicken if using a thermometer should be 165 degrees)
- After chicken and broccoli are done as mentioned above its time to serve. Take the pan off the heat – place a chicken thigh on each plate add some broccoli and drizzle some of the remaining deliciousness from the pan over the chicken and broccoli
There you have it – Enjoy your dinner. As always we love to hear how this turns out for your and your family. Take pictures and send them over and we can add them in.
Hope you enjoyed – thanks for visiting our site